Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gift Guide, sort of: Bazaar Bizarre SF

I'll tell you what I should NOT have been doing today when finals are next week: going to the Bazaar Bizarre in Golden Gate Park. Particularly when I'm going to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros tonight (because at the time, when I bought the tickets, I thought to myself, "Well, that'll be a much-needed break in the midst of all my work"). But when I saw a chance to catch a ride with my friend April and her man friend Cameron, I couldn't pass it up.

I'm so glad I went; the booths were fantastic. Some of my faves from the Ho Down were there, and I of course developed some new faves. Definitely of note was the abundance of mustache throughout.

Bazaar Bizarre SF

Admission hand stamp

Bazaar Bizarre SF

Cupcakes by Cynically Delicious

Bazaar Bizarre SF

Embroidered bandanas by Cindy of Archicraft (she also had some killer handknit cowls and some lasercut wooden doilies....)

Bazaar Bizarre SF

Nif Naks

It most certainly did not stop there, though.

Bazaar Bizarre SF
Bazaar Bizarre SF

I just loved this couple at Paper Pastries. I'm having the hardest time just picking 2 photos right now; go to my flickr for more, or better still, their website. They were just the cutest- they're dying to get out of LA (sound familiar?), and she clearly is doing what she loves.

Bazaar Bizarre SF

Beautiful letterpress calendar from Ilee Paper Goods

Bazaar Bizarre SF

Hilarious stuffed fruit from the Felt Baron

Bazaar Bizarre SF

Amazing prints from Sycamore Street Press- I LOVE the heart on your sleeve print. Might have to obtain that at some point. They were another event superfave.

Bazaar Bizarre SF

Awesome scarves by Loomlab. One of their designs is actually a poem written in braille!

Bazaar Bizarre SF

This necklace by Ach Ach Liebling had the distinction of being my sole purchase of the day. If I gathered this correctly, it's a vintage nail head from a train track, and the number represents the year it was put in. She was so lovely, too. (update: on the website, it says that this necklace design was inspired by "a song by the Magnetic Fields about trains," which I'm assuming is "Born on a Train," which is like, my favorite song by the Magnetic Fields. Even more awesome.)

Bazaar Bizarre SF

This hilarious print by Willow of willotoons is only a taste of what she's got; she's a super cute maker of onesies and tees.

All in all, 10 stars to the Bazaar Bizarre!

--Dara

3 comments:

April said...

Oh man, it was torture staring at those great Loomlab scarves all day! So friggen cool.

Meghan said...

Such fun finds! Definitely worth the break, I'd say. :) Hope the concert was great, too!

You Are My Fave said...

Oh how I wish I could have gone to this show. I would stay there for hours.