Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Treasure Island Music Festival

It's always a bit of a downer when Chris has to leave, but this was a nice long visit. He came up for the Treasure Island Music Festival on Sunday, but upon his arrival on Friday night, we drove to Port Costa, at our friend Kate's instruction. When we met her in that remote part of California, we found some seriously insane stuff:
Warehouse Cafe
Warehouse Cafe
uh, Kate. There's someone behind you.
spooky
Hotel
Chris and I then proceeded to get lost on the creepiest winding road of all time while listening to the CREEPIEST MUSIC OF ALL TIME. So, you know; kind of intense.

Sunday was an entirely different breed of intense. The festival was great...to me, the highlights were Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and the amazing ferris wheel that I couldn't stop taking pictures of! Yo La Tengo, Beirut, Vetiver, and the Decemberists weren't too shabby either.
on the ferris wheel
ferris wheel sunset
shoes. oh my god, shoes.
midway game
Chris

How cute is she? For serious.

As the night wore down, we opted out of the Flaming Lips in favor of Where the Wild Things Are, because we'd been at the festival for 9 hours and I was trying to limit my debauchery to one day before settling in on my homework. I was pleasantly surprised...though I wish I hadn't found Lauren Graham and Catherine O'Hara's voices so recognizable. I thought it was beautifully done, though...go team!

No comments: