Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh-my-OBAMA!

So last week I got a call from my super awesome boyfriend, Mike.  He was one of 200 people out of 36,000 to win two tickets to see President Obama speak at the Town Hall meeting in Los Angeles... and he wanted me to be his date! We both took the day off from work and walked the short distance to the event downtown, as many of the streets were closed off.  When we got to the Miguel Contreras Learning Complex, the line wrapped around the block and down the street.  It was Obama-mania!  



We waited patiently in line for over two hours before reaching the entrance. There were whispers in line that only forty more people would be let in as the school gymnasium was almost at capacity.  Then they counted off a few dozen more people, Mike and I included, to pass through security and find a seat amongst the cheering crowd.  We walked in just as Mayor Villaraigosa and Governor Schwarzenegger were welcoming President Obama to the stage! 






President Obama was truly an inspiration to see, handling the tough questions from concerned citizens with the grace and compassion I've always hoped to see in a President of ours.  Despite the challenging times we are facing, Obama continues to give me great hope for our future.  It was by far the most exciting day of my life.  Thank you Mike, with all my heart, for sharing this unforgettable experience with me!


xo Haley

1 comment:

Rob Wilson said...

damn you! I wanted to go to that!
-Rob