Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains

Last night, at a listening party for the band Dios (for which Pat, the drummer for Chris's band Son Ark, also drums), I was waiting for the listening to start, when I noticed the movie playing behind the bar. It was called "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains."


I was drawn in by all that amazing red, but became pretty much transfixed by 15 year old Diane Lane!


Wikipedia tells me several former Sex Pistols (including Steve Jones...oh, Jones's Jukebox, how little I miss ye) and also Laura Dern (apparently Diane Lane's cousin??) starred in this little 1981 gem. I can't wait to watch it from the beginning! And, you know, with sound. I'll let you know how it measures up.
---Dara

1 comment:

Of Course the Fish Are Dead said...

first of all, i am as close to obsessive about Diane Lane as i've ever been with a celebrity... and that must not be very close if i never knew about this!! love to watch with you in the future.
second, cousin to laura dern whaaa?? it IS a mad world!